Teeth Whitening Perth
Teeth whitening is an increasingly popular cosmetic dentistry treatment, as more and more of our patients at Third. Ave Dental Centre search for that sparkling white smile!
Of course, the best way to keep your teeth clean and healthy is with daily brushing and flossing – however, if you’re teeth are discoloured or stained, and its effecting your smile and confidence, please come in and talk to us about teeth whitening options.
Why do teeth change colour?
Even with regular brushing, your teeth can discolour over time for a number of reasons, including
- Smoking – Tobacco contains chemicals that can break through the enamel of teeth and leave stubborn stains
- Coffee, Tea & Red Wine – these three drinks all contain strong colour pigments that can stain your teeth
- Old Age – overtime, the outer white protective layer (enamel) of your tooth naturally wears, and teeth loose their brightness
- Trauma – a knock to the tooth that causes nerve damage can cause the tooth to look darker
- Medication – some medications can affect the colour of your teeth, ask your doctor or dentist if you’re taking regular medication
Fortunately, there are a number of ways in which teeth can be whitened, to obtain a whiter, brighter appearance.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
There are a number of products on the market, ranging from toothpastes and rinses, to more advanced gel strips or gel mouth guards. All these products generally contain different levels of peroxide-containing whitening agents, that bleach the enamel of the tooth. Always look for the ADA seal of approval, or talk to the professionals at Third Ave. Dental for advice on the safest and most effective products.
For further information about teeth whitening, please don’t hesitate to contact us; our friendly and knowledgeable staff welcome all enquiries!